I can cook any meat, dessert, or hard to execute dish (risotto, souffle, sauces), but don't ask me to make an omelet. I can follow directions (AKA recipes), but can't show any restraint when it comes to adding ingredients or spices. I'll leave the breakfast making to the wife....
Anyway, I've been dying to try this recipe that I found in allrecipes because it reminds of a lemon bar dessert at a local restaurant (shout out to Thirty Acres in Jersey City, NJ). I made it without having to use the hand mixer (which was a huge plus).
2 cup - Flour
1/2 cup - Confectioner's Sugar (powdered sugar)
1 cup - Softened Butter (2 sticks)
1/4 cup - Flour
4 - Eggs
1 1/2 cup - Sugar
1 tbsp - Lemon Zest
1/2 cup - Lemon Juice
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mix 2 cups of flour and confectioner's sugar. Cut in the butter and mix well until the pie dough resembles pie dough consistency. Press the dough into a 9X13 inch baking pan (I used a round ceramic pie dish and increased the baking time).
3) Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
4) Beat together eggs, sugar, 1/4 cup of flour, lemon juice, and lemon zest for 1 minute. Pour the mixture over the baked crust.
5) Bake another 20 minutes or until the lemon topping has set. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar when serving.