Sunday, January 11, 2009

And the Winner is....

After weeks of research on netbooks (small lightweight laptops with no CD/DVD drives), I finally narrowed down my search between two models: the Acer Aspire Oneand MSI Wind.I have a Dell Latitude D630 from work, buts its too heavy to travel with (5.1lbs) and its battery power is mediocre (I'll be lucky to get through a whole movie on one charge). Both the Acer and MSI are similar in a lot of regards: 1.6Ghz Intel Atom, 160GB hard drive, 1 GB RAM, 1.3 MP webcam, and a 6 cell battery good for 5-6 hours of battery life. The Acer is lighter at 2.2lbs with a 8.9" screen, but the MSI won me over with a bigger screen (10"), being bluetooth enabled (I could plug things in without occupying USB ports), and being able to support 802.11n. Now I have no reason not to blog more often....


Bookmark and Share

No comments: