Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Best Thing I Ever Ate: French Toast @ Buttermilk Channel (524 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY 11231)

There are two Buttermilk commandments that I had to learn firsthand: 1) They don't serve brunch on Saturdays (I learned this after walking across the Brooklyn Bridge and the 2 miles it takes to get there) and 2) They do not serve alcohol before noon on Sunday (which was a Rick James smack to the face because you get a free mimosa, bellini, or sparking wine with brunch).  After learning the system, I ordered the pecan pie french toast.  If I'm at any restaurant and I see pecan pie for dessert, blinders automatically come up and I can't read the other desserts.  Anyway, the pecan pie french toast came out and I had enough will power to actually take a picture before I dived in and didn't talk (or breathe) for 7 minutes.  It was quite an Usher "OMG" moment where I could hear the lyrics in my head: 

Baby let me love you downnn
There’s so many ways to love ya
Baby I can break you downnn
There’s so many ways to love ya
Got me like, ooh myy gosh I’m soo in love
I found you finallyy, you make me want to say
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,
Ohh myy gosh
I marveled at the engineering prowess of a pecan pie crust with candied pecans embedded into the "french toast".  My girlfriend ordered the cheddar waffles and pork chops pounded thin (and I barely noticed during my 7 minute eating blackout - the only proof was the picture I don't remember taking).  
  
 
Bookmark and Share

No comments: