Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Favorite Michael Jackson Memories

They say death always comes in threes: Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson (sorry Billy Mays - when I heard the news, I thought Willie Mays died). After numerous tributes and catching up with a lifetime of accomplishment, here are some of my favorite Michael Jackson memories (aside from moonwalking):

* When I saw the Thriller video for the first time, my mother was hemming a pair of pants. As the video unfolded, I was scared sh#tless that my favorite singer turned into a werewolf and then a zombie. It was very traumatic for the 5 year old version of me.
* Everytime I tried on a pair of shoes or sneakers, they had to pass my "Michael Jackson test" (standing on my tippy toes and striking a pose - see image below). It probably wasn't the best way to break in a new pair.
* In 1984, Michael Jackson's hair caught on fire while filming a Pepsi commercial (a spark ignited his hair). I remember writing Michael a "Get Well" letter - I'm not sure if my mother actually sent it out.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: