Monday, May 10, 2010

Be a Tourist (Even in Your Own City)

I'll never understand how some people will ride in a plane for 7 hours to see "must see" sites, when they have some of the best sites in their own backyard.  I'm fortunate to have been born/raised in New York City, where you could conceivably find anything you can think of (Cameroonian restaurants, tattoos at 4am, or a Naked Cowboy).  Its amazing how many New Yorkers have never walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, been to the top of the Empire State Building, or ice skated in Rockefeller Center.  My only regret is not going to the crown of the Statue of Liberty (I've been to Liberty Island) or the observation deck of the World Trade Center (I've seen the view from Windows on the World). My suggestion....come up with your own Bucket List and knock out all of the local things first.       
Bookmark and Share

No comments: