Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Psychology of Apple Picking

I finally went apple picking with my family / girlfriend at Lawrence Orchards (honestly, I was lured in by the apple cinnamon donuts and warm apple cider).  My initial game plan was to get 2-3 apples of each type and call it a day.  That plan quickly went to hell when I realized that there were over 20 types of apples (idared, empire, delicious, fuji, rome, granny smith, mutsu, and other cross breeds).  The problem got further compounded with smaller empire apples (because you need more) and bright colored rome apples (because you need more).  The consensus in each orchard row was I needed more (and keep in mind that I'm not particularly fond of apples). The end tally....11 pounds of apples, a 9 pound pumpkin, and my new found ability as a goat whisperer.       

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Queen Lardass said...

This is HILARIOUS :)
I have found myself in this boat...I don't even really eat apples but when I went apple-picking...I rolled out of there with endless pounds of apples --- stocked the whole trunk of my car....and needless to say, we ate apple everything til Christmas!

I love the goat whisperer too :) haha

hector342 said...

I couldn't believe it - people were renting huge wagons and filling them up with apples like they were going extinct.