Monday, March 7, 2011

Hector and the Search for Happiness

Sometimes I have a hard time finding a book because once I like a topic, I usually stick to it.  I've been in a bit of funk lately, feeling a little unfulfilled and wishing that I could do something that I was more passionate about.  I was at a going out of business sale at Borders and felt obligated to get a book in the frenzy.  I checked out the bestsellers, cooking books, and fiction section and couldn't find anything interesting.  I came across Hector and the Search for Happiness and it couldn't have been anymore ironic.  Hector, a unfulfilled psychiatrist, takes some time off to travel to China and Africa in search of what made people happy.  I started reading yesterday and there is a character in the book (page 2) with my gf's name.  I almost feel like doing a Julie and Julia theme with the book series.  
Bookmark and Share

No comments: