Friday, October 3, 2008

Wakeup Call

Overall, I had a pretty good summer. I was out of the office 1-2 days a week playing golf, traveling (Las Vegas, Chicago, Toronto, Philadelphia) , and getting back to my love of reading. I read Tim Ferriss' The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Richand I couldn't help but think - why can't I do that? For those that have not read his book, he promotes taking "mini-retirements", delegating/outsourcing work, telecommuting, and taking the necessary steps to escape the 9 to 5 life. I'm not doing the book any justice with the brief description, but it is thought provoking (in a simple common sense kind of way). So I figured....I'm 30 years old, single, make pretty good money, have no debt, and its time to make a move. I have 13 vacation days left so I'm taking the majority of Fridays off from now until December and a week off in November. Right now I'm digesting books and trying to come up with the right business plan. I started this blog to get help from other entrepreneurs and to inspire others with my journey. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the trip.


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In our lives, we must bring out he better version in us.

We become weak and weak as the days go by because we do the same thing everyday. It is time for a change. Its time to devote outselfs some "me" time.

We deserve it. So indeed you are right many should join you in your journey.... I hope they are ready!