Thursday, May 28, 2009

Are you a Fangbanger?

A fangbanger is a human that has sex with a vampire and lets them feed off of them. I recently pulled a marathon session and watched the first season of HBO's True Bloodjust to see what all the hype was about (the series is based on Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Series.)Don't get me wrong: it was good, but it wasn't "can't miss TV" good. Its full of gratuitous nudity, clever puns (vampire rights movement in the South?), and interesting flawed characters (Tara, Lafayette, and Jason), but the writing seems a bit hokie and forced at times (Sookie makes me cringe with her "can't we all just get along" attitude). Does anyone else laugh when their fangs pop out like switchblades? I've liked vampires since Lost Boys and Fright Night, but I think I'm more of a zombie fan.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: